Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update on my sister!

First of all,I want to thank all of you who have prayed,called and have just had us in your thoughts. Alicia had surgery for Pericardial Effusion(too much fluid around the heart causing it to be constricted and not expand as it needs to).This explained alot of the symptoms she had been having for months now. I thank god for good doctors who dont give up and did her surgery. Her hepatologist(liver doc)at Vandy told us he was personally going to thank Dr.Patracek(cardiac thoracic surgeon)there at Vanderbilt. He told us that normally most surgeons run the other way if they are asked to do surgery on a patient who already has major health issues going on much less had had two liver transplants and cancer. She did very good and was in Cardiac intensive care from Thursday until Sunday evening. Thursday when they took her to CICU she was on the ventilator..it was SO hard to see that. Mymom and I just broke down crying. That was 10pm Thurs night...by 5am the next morning(Fri)they had her OFF the ventilator!! Praise God! That is the power of prayer folks...She has had a rough road especially these past few weeks and still has a chest tube in right now but hopefully that can come out soon. Her kidney function has improved immensely! The doctor told us yesterday that right before she had the heart surgery that her kidneys were only functioning at maybe 20%...Now, the heart can pump the blood through like it needs to and her circulation/swelling has improved alot. It wa hard yesterday for my mom and I to leave her&my dad but mom had to come home and work and I needed to get back to the girls. Hats off to my hubby who does an awesome job solo if I am gone.(He has a whole new appreciation for what I went thru as a single mom while he was deployed,LOL!) Please continue to pray for Alicia that God would restore her whole body and that she will get healthier every day.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Keeping all of you in my prayers!!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I love your family so much and I am so thankful that God is watching over Alicia and protecting her. You are such a blessing to me and your sweet, sweet spirit. I was glad that you were able to be down there and be with your sister.

Love you bunches!
~S

Amanda said...

You all are in my thoughts honey. I know how hard it is to see someone you love so much on a vent...I'm so happy to hear she is off of it. It's awful to see that! I pray that God will totally heal your sister.
Hugs and love to you!

My Music Playlist