Several months ago when I redid Catherine's bedroom I attempted a little craft project. I had purchased her furniture at one of my FAV stores~Spoiled Rotten. Rhonda had a custom made bedding set that she had displayed on the bed I bought for Catherine. It was GORGEOUS!! It's a waverly striped fabric. That set got sold so I am going to be ordering the same custom made set with the bedding,bolster pillows,ect....The bed skirt was black with white large polka dots. I am going to do a new window seat cushion for Catherine's window seat in that black/white polka dots fabric with some accent pillows. I can't wait! So, I bought some dark (granny smith apple)green ric-rac rugs from Rhonda at Spoiled Rotten along with this black rod iron lamp and some other signs/accesories. I took the fabric that her bedding will be made from...got some fringe with pink beads and got my lamp shade at WalMart. I didnt really know what I was doing!LOL~But, I took what Rhonda told me and ran with it....After I had cut the fabric for each side I sprayed it on with fabric adhesive(BOY WAS THIS A KICKER IN THE PANTS TO DO!)It was hard to get it perfect since it was a striped fabric. Cassidy hot glued the fringe along the bottom layer of the shade and *WAAA-LAA*here is my fabric covered fringed lamp shade in Catherine's room. I have some more things&projects to come in her room so stay tuned! My friend Amanda in Virginia(shout out to you girl!)got me reinspired to be crafty again and take on these projects. I am going to refinish a cherry wood finish vanity that is in Catherine's room...Im going to refinish it black to match her furniture then distress it in places..along with recovering the fabric cushion on the bench that goes with her vanity. ***Sooo, Stay tuned!*** I know this is my first attempt at something like this so be kind!lol~If you have any suggestions or comments please leave them for me!
Thanks!!
.jpg)
holding+bittytwins+in+front+ofher+dresser.jpg)
*Another lamp shade pic*~Excuse the white bag of craft stuff!*


*CUTE distressed wood signs I had bought to go in her room*


*One of the girlies at The Soup Kitchen last night*Catherine had ballet!
5 comments:
Good job! It's so cute!
Alison your always SO sweet! I'm glad you've been inspired!!! This shade is too cute and I can't wait to see more!! I've got a bunch of stuff I've been working on that I'm hoping to blog about very soon!!! Being creative feels good doesn't it!!!!
You did great! Very Cute!!
Doing a great Job Alison!! I had such a great time decorating Isabella's nursery, that I can only imagine how much fun her "Big girl" room will be. TAKE CARE babe!!! & don't forget to show us the room's progress.
Wow! Looks like you bought it that way! I'm impressed1 :)
Cindy
Post a Comment